Friday, July 3, 2015

7/2 - Departure & Flying

Welcome to Day 1 of my journey.

On July 2nd, 11:20 AM, I said goodbye to my family and departed from Portland International Airport.

Let it forever be known that I am not fond of flying. And by that, I mean the "getting from point A to point B" bit. I can never sleep, it is very loud, and I cannot help but worry as to whether or not I will lose my luggage in some freak accident. This is the third time I have traveled by flight in my life, and the first one alone.

Leaving PDX. Ah, the classic carpet.
First stop from Portland was in Denver, Colorado. 2-hour flight.

My food on the 2nd flight. 
During the following 9-hour flight, none of which I could catch some shut-eye.

My next stop was in Frankfurt, Germany. After passing through baggage check once again, I did some exploring. I happened upon a special cafe, the likes of which I have never seen before in the US. The star ingredient? 

Caviar. Lots and lots of caviar.
Unfortunately, I did not have any Euros in my wallet to grab a quick snack.


Next post will probably arrive when I touch down in Pune.

No comments:

Post a Comment